Sunday, May 13, 2012

Initiating GraffitiKnit Manouvres

My first graffitiknit gig, to coincide with International Yarnbombing Day, June 11th




 It all begins with inspiration and one of the best books on the subject: Yarn Bombing, the Art of Crochet & Knit Graffiti by Mandy Moore & Leanne Prain.

                               PLUS



Location, location, location! 
For my initiatory action = the General Store Community Art Group building.....looking a little drab and bare, could do with some colour & interest.


                                PLUS


Collection of knitting wool & needles.....I have decided to use only donated wool (from family, friends, colleagues) and if I really must buy something, its going to be from garage sales, thrift stores, market stalls (easing my conscience via second hand consumerism).


                                  PLUS


The Plan: take measurements of the target, draw up rough guide for the tag, write it all down in my Art Journal in case of copyright disputes (ha ha)


                                   AND 
Ready to rock & roll....or in this case, sit & knit..!

No comments:

Post a Comment